LittleBigPlanetarium - LittleBigPlanet Forum: Pocket Moon Podcast Episode 15 - LittleBigPlanetarium - LittleBigPlanet Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pocket Moon Podcast Episode 15
Join Tom, Rialrees, and me as we chat about all things LBP

Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#1 User is offline   amazingflyingpoo 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Woo-hoo! Our special Easter episode of Pocket Moon Podcast, which has absolutely nothing to do with Easter, is now available! We had some very unfortunate issues while recording this podcast, so we ended up losing the first 40 minutes of the podcast (which was the news section) and then we had to re-record it without our special guest (who was Rialrees).

On this episode you'll hear us chat about the Sackies and my painful memories involving Tom and the Sackies, the newest Contraption Challenge, Star Wars Kinect, the word "Awesome", Rialrees's Toilet Dragons, and much more.

Here are timestamps so that you can skip to specific parts of the podcast if you want to:

-- Timeline info --
Overall podcast length: 104 minutes

News - 2:35
Forum Soup - 41:08
Community Creations - 1:18:21
Q&A - 1:31:08

Here are links to all the things that we chat about:

Rialrees's "Sack-o-Mart: Banana of Doom" Level
Posted Image

Sackie winners

LBPC Community Spotlight 82

LBPC7 winners - It's Showtime!

Contraption Challenge 16: Block Stacker

Mm Picks won't include copyrighted material

Mm podcast 19 out

Play LBP for research... and cash

Alice in Wonderland Costume Pack

Journey breaks PSN sales records

Sony PS4/Orbis rumors

Just add water looking for programmers to work on new Abe games (via twitter)

Dancing to "I'm Han Solo" on Kinect Star Wars

PS Vita system software update v1.66

CTA Digital PlayStation Vita Hand Grip

LittleBigAudio - Sound of Community for Community

LBPlanetorials 26: Modular Level Design

LBPlanetorials 27: Implementing Audio

Internet trolls being jailed

Weekly Planetarium Ed. 8

Mr. Sackfist's weekly planetarium discussion

LiBitsmateJAPAN featured levels

Contraption Challenge 15 video Easter egg

Posted Image
Pocket Moon Podcast: PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
Soundcloud : iTunes : Direct Download : RSS Feed
Follow me on Twitter @amazingflyingpo

#2 User is offline   Taffey 

• NOM Brand Almonds
  • PSN:tsr13

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

This was another fun one to record, in spite of the technical issues we had. Ria is a crackup. :D

We hope you enjoy the show!
Posted Image
Pocket Moon Podcast Episode 35 on
Follow me on Twitter @tross13

Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

My PSP Levels
The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

#3 User is offline   FootlessYeti 

• Himalayan Furball
  • View blog
  • LocationMy Moon
  • PSN:FootlessYeti

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

"The trainwreck that is Star Wars Kinect continues." xD I share your hatred for that crap, Tom.

Interesting podcast, guys. :D Quite interesting.. I really wish all of Ria's stuff had made it. :(
Posted Image
Signature by: april2011

#4 User is offline   Smurfetta 

• View gallery
  • Group: Planetarium Patron
  • PSN:Smurfetta5683

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

I just finished listening to the podcast. What can I say! Another AWESOME show fellas! Btw, Tom it's ok to say awesome all of the time, I do it and no one has said anything negative to me about it lol. I'm pretty sure I say it in just about every post I make! Ha ha. Also, you brought up that you had no idea how to find the News in LBP, other than when it pops up when you first sign in, well I WAS in that same boat too until you mentioned how to find it so a big thank you because I was feeling silly and wondering the same thing.

Ria is so great, I'm super happy you guys had her on the show. I love the term Toilet Dragons, now I'm going to use that all of the time because it's completely AWESOME! I can totally identify with the topic you brought up with Ria about being so involved with something (LBP in this case for both of us) and not spending much time on anything else. I'm finding right now all I do is LBP related things and it's all really forum related. I enjoy doing it all and it comes naturally to me, I enjoy organizing things and running things so I do it. But I admit I would like to do more IRL, ha ha. But you know what keeps me on here (and other LBP sites), it's the people. I've met so many great people, I want to be around them. We work well together and play well together, it's hard to walk away from that.

The topic about people freaking out about the LBP Vita release is interesting. I am in no way freaking out because I don't even have a Vita. If my financial situation were different then I'd grab myself a Vita but really it would be just for LBP so is it really worth it? I don't know. I suppose if I had the extra cash lying around then sure. I think the people "freaking out" are probably the younger ones. The youngins tend to get overly excited about things . . . and I'm not being ageist here, I'm sure there are a lot of older kids that "freak out" too. That's just IMHO. So we have to keep in mind that with a lot of excitement comes a lot of emotion and I say that's where the "freak out" comes from. Well, when LBP Vita gets here I'm sure we can expect a huge surge of excitement! Even from me!

Thanks so much for mentioning The Weekly Planetarium. It's hilarious that we mention you mentioning us mentioning you and so on and so forth. We love your show and really appreciate all of your support. We are also thrilled that everyone is satisfied with the newsletter each week, we just want feedback because without feedback we can't make changes to make it better. So any and all feedback is welcome and when I heard you tell your listeners to give any feedback they may have, that was very kind of you!

I'm involved with several projects on this site and was wondering if you could talk about some of them. I will post one of my projects each week or once every other week and if you can fit it in and you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate it if you could talk about it. The project I was hoping you could bring up is the LBP Survivor Season 9 Competition which will be starting in a few weeks actually. I will be assisting as a Staff Member and actually Footless Yeti will be competing again. If this is possible, I could write up a little summary of the competition for you.

Wow, didn't know I would have this much to say. I also have a page of notes from the last podcast but didn't have time to type it up :( Keep up the great work fellas, I look forward to these every week!
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   ShamgarBlade 

• Mayor Maynot of Funsylvania
  • View blog
  • PSN:ShamgarBlade

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Awesome podcast guys! I always have an awesome time listening to what awesome things you awesome guys have to say about the community! It was awesome having Ria on and it's unfortunate that we lost some of that conversation, but nevertheless, it was awesome indeed. Very awesome. :tongue:

On serious note, I can't express how much I appreciate this podcast. It is such a joy for me to listen to people who have the same passion for LBP that I do! Although LBP may be a monster, I think we can all agree that this monster is worth embracing. I look forward to your podcasts every week and I love the fact that it's more of a discussion between friends rather than a news report. It always gives me something to think about for the week and hearing your excitement for everything LBP reassures me that this is truly the greatest gaming community around.

Thanks guys. :)

#6 User is offline   Trindall 

• LocationPortland, Oregon
  • PSN:Trindall

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

So I had time out in the rare appearance of the sun, watching over the kids playing so I covertly listened to podcast #15.

I had one giggle moment while listening and that was when the name 'LiBitsmate' came up. I know that likely Japanese isn't something that y'all get out on all the time and this falls into the same category as trying to pronounce forum names but I needed to put my foot down on this one.

There isn't a 'L' in the Japanese alphabets so the it may be easier to say if you use the 'R' that is supposed to be there instead. Try to say it like 'RibitsuMate. (A lot like saying ribbits.) I actually don't care enough about this to go into some long-winded, hah, description but it does give me something to write about so I'll take what I can get.

-phew-

And I agree that there are some very talented Japanese creators that have made great levels and I'd love for them to get more exposure and for general players to get more amazing levels to play with. It really is about time that the LiBitsMate "Spotlight" came about. eustoma who is the forum facing person of the group of people who worked to bring this project out deserves a lot of kudos.

-----

Again there is a lot of news bits in this podcast, fun to listen to and hopefully the news front will stay active enough over the Summer to keep this segment full of interesting items.

-----

It was great fun to hear Ria and a great shame that we only get to hear half of her part as it would have enjoyable to get more of her interaction during the beginning segments. Thanks for being on the episode Ria, you really brought life and charm to an otherwise, uh, adequate podcast. :)

-----

I didn't know that Comphermc had new LBPlanetorials out let alone two of them. These are amazing works, chock full of creativity and effortless skill and I can't wait to check them out. Thanks for the news.

-----

So in addition to the ongoing Kinect Star Wars gags you now have the 'Awesum' prohibition. By the time you reach episode 20 it'll all just be a stand-up routine with the two of you driving from one meme to the next.

Taffey: KinectStarWars!

AFP: No. KinectStarWars is on second base.

Taffey: I'm not asking you who's on second.

AFP: Who's on first.

Taffey: Awesome!

AFP you are behind in the mental tick and quirky peeves category when you look at all the airtime that Taffey is consuming. You need to work on this for future episodes.

-----

What about a link to Sacko-Mart: Banana of Doom in the list of links? Ria did out the account and level name and we all know that a large amount of the listeners will be running out to play it. Sounds like a fun ride and I've got it queued up.

-----

I've also an question to direct your way. It kind of plays into the LBP1 versus LBP2 debate or it could just be a thought exercise.

Sackboy is an 8cm tall construction and LBP1 was full of references to him being this small person in a human-sized world.

The whole visual gimmick Sackthings are small, hand-crafted people was all over LBP1 and a lot of the levels embraced this and portray Sackboy as a small person in a human-sized world.

Then over time there are more and more levels that portray Sackboy as a full sized character in perfect proportion to the environment and suddenly you lose the original perception of small sackboy.

Is the progression from tiny-sackboy-in-a-large-world to sackboy-in-a-sackboy-sized-world a result of the players trying to identify with the character on their own terms? Is the original small sackboy a visual create style relic that is uniquely a part of LBP1 and ignored or lost in LBP2?

-----

Now that Mnniska has raised the matter and that the two of you acknowledge the fact that you've been channeling his name in each of the last six episodes you are past the point where you can simply stop bringing him up in future episode or you'll jinx the rising tide of popularity that you've been riding ever since you first started talking about him. (@runonsentenceofdoom)

That is all.

#7 User is offline   amazingflyingpoo 

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

@FootlessYeti: We wish that we had more Ria too :-( We're going to try to both be recording the podcast in the background from now on to avoid having the issue ever happen again

@smurfetta: Wow! Thanks for all of the feedback! It is awesome (!) to hear that you are enjoying the podcast and it is great to get so much feedback :-)

It's good to hear that the chat about finding the news by filtering it out helped you out. I thought that I knew how to do it, but I guess that I didn't. It's nice to know that something we talked about actually helped someone ;-)

Woo-hoo! Someone else is adopting the term Toilet Dragon! Perhaps Simon's (SalieriAAX's) level will never be seen by the world and will just die on the vita is was built on during the Game Jam, but at least it will live on being remembered by the one bad looking thing in the entire beautiful level :-P

You certainly don't need to thank us for mentioning the Weekly Planetarium, and we are glad that we could ask people to stop by an give feedback. As we say every episode, we are loving it!

Please do send me information about a project, and it is a good idea that you send me info about one project per podcast probably. We could talk about more, but it would make more sense to just focus on one instead of just reading off one after another and not having time to actually talk about them.

@ShamgarBlade: Thank you for the feedback and it is awesome (!) to hear that you are enjoying the podcast. I think that your quote about LBP being a monster:

I think we can all agree that this monster is worth embracing

is spot on and would have been a great way to end that discussion :-)

@Trindall:As always, thanks for the incredible amount of feedback Trindall!

Thanks for the our first lesson in Japanese. As long as I can think of frogs from now on when I see the name I should be able to consistently say the name right :-D

It was a HUGE disappointment that Ria's section for the news ended up being lost :-(

LOL! I am looking forward to that episode 20 where it is pure PMP jokes so that it is impossible to pick up any new listeners :-P As for airtime, I will do my best to cut off Tom at least 50% more to make it as awkward as possible :-)

I will add a link to Ria's level at the very top of the link lists now. Thanks for pointing out that we were missing that.

I'm excited to chat about your question regarding sackboy's size relative to his environment. I had never even noticed that!

Perhaps on Mnniska's 10th mention in a row we will have to try to get him on the show again!

Thanks again for the feedback Trindall!
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Taffey 

• NOM Brand Almonds
  • PSN:tsr13

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Wow, now that's a pile of feedback! :D Adding on to what John already replied to....

View PostFootlessYeti, on 08 April 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

"The trainwreck that is Star Wars Kinect continues." xD I share your hatred for that crap, Tom.

*Internet high five* :crown:

View PostSmurfetta, on 08 April 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Thanks so much for mentioning The Weekly Planetarium. It's hilarious that we mention you mentioning us mentioning you and so on and so forth. We love your show and really appreciate all of your support. We are also thrilled that everyone is satisfied with the newsletter each week, we just want feedback because without feedback we can't make changes to make it better. So any and all feedback is welcome and when I heard you tell your listeners to give any feedback they may have, that was very kind of you!

We're happy to help! And somehow I think we've managed to not mention your name when talking about the Weekly Planetarium. Uh, OOPS. Sorry! :sad_panda: We'll definitely address that next time. Regardless, though, nice job on the newsletter! It really is one of our favorite things to read every week. :light_smile:

View PostSmurfetta, on 08 April 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

I'm involved with several projects on this site and was wondering if you could talk about some of them. I will post one of my projects each week or once every other week and if you can fit it in and you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate it if you could talk about it.

View Postamazingflyingpoo, on 09 April 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Please do send me information about a project, and it is a good idea that you send me info about one project per podcast probably. We could talk about more, but it would make more sense to just focus on one instead of just reading off one after another and not having time to actually talk about them.

Yep, we would LOVE to include that information in our podcasts. Thanks Smurfetta! :sackbot_love_2:

View PostShamgarBlade, on 09 April 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

I can't express how much I appreciate this podcast. It is such a joy for me to listen to people who have the same passion for LBP that I do! Although LBP may be a monster, I think we can all agree that this monster is worth embracing. I look forward to your podcasts every week and I love the fact that it's more of a discussion between friends rather than a news report. It always gives me something to think about for the week and hearing your excitement for everything LBP reassures me that this is truly the greatest gaming community around.

Thanks guys. :)

Aw shucks... Thanks Shamgar. I can't tell you how much we appreciate you appreciating the podcast and the way that we appreciate the appreciative community. We really appreciate it! It's awesome. :silly:

View PostTrindall, on 09 April 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

It was great fun to hear Ria and a great shame that we only get to hear half of her part as it would have enjoyable to get more of her interaction during the beginning segments. Thanks for being on the episode Ria, you really brought life and charm to an otherwise, uh, adequate podcast. :)

LOL I was thinking exactly that while I was editing together the news. "Phew, I'm glad we have Ria on in the next section!" :blue_smile:

So in addition to the ongoing Kinect Star Wars gags you now have the 'Awesum' prohibition. By the time you reach episode 20 it'll all just be a stand-up routine with the two of you driving from one meme to the next.

View Postamazingflyingpoo, on 09 April 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

LOL! I am looking forward to that episode 20 where it is pure PMP jokes so that it is impossible to pick up any new listeners :-P

Yep, that's our long-term plan for this podcast. The synopsis for episode 20 will be something like:

"Ebelskivers are my toilet dragons."
"Awesome!" {ding!}
*squeeeeek*

What about a link to Sacko-Mart: Banana of Doom in the list of links? Ria did out the account and level name and we all know that a large amount of the listeners will be running out to play it. Sounds like a fun ride and I've got it queued up.

GREAT suggestion! :idea: I don't know why we didn't think of that.

Is the progression from tiny-sackboy-in-a-large-world to sackboy-in-a-sackboy-sized-world a result of the players trying to identify with the character on their own terms? Is the original small sackboy a visual create style relic that is uniquely a part of LBP1 and ignored or lost in LBP2?

Love it! Added. :sackbot_love_1:
Posted Image
Pocket Moon Podcast Episode 35 on
Follow me on Twitter @tross13

Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

My PSP Levels
The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

#9 User is offline   Smurfetta 

• View gallery
  • PSN:Smurfetta5683

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostTaffey, on 09 April 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

We're happy to help! And somehow I think we've managed to not mention your name when talking about the Weekly Planetarium. Uh, OOPS. Sorry! :sad_panda: We'll definitely address that next time. Regardless, though, nice job on the newsletter! It really is one of our favorite things to read every week. :light_smile:

No need for apologies and it's not necessary to bring my name up, actually if you were to bring up anyone's name I would say it would be nice for you to mention The Weekly Planetarium team because everyone puts in so much work. Krispy does an incredible amount of work and I'm extremely happy that you have mentioned his name a few times because he really deserves recognition for his AWESOME work on the newsletter as our fearless leader.

Like I said I enjoy your podcasts every week and every time you mention Planetarium I get all excited lol. You guys rock!

@Trindall, thanks for throwing down that link for Ria's level, I added it to my queue :D
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Tyranny68 

• Curious Curator
  • LocationPanhandle of Florida, USA
  • PSN:Tyranny68

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Nice job on the podcast.. their are many to view and i need to catch up since my laptop was messed up for a few months, anyway look forward to all the upcoming work ;)
~Upcoming Projects~
- Terraformer
- Sun Lander

- Tyranny68

Skype Name: MechaStorm

#11 User is offline   amazingflyingpoo 

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

@smurfetta: We will do our best to refer to the Weekly Planetarium team :-)

@Tryanny68: Glad to hear that you have a working computer now! If you have the chance then please let us know what you think of the podcast since a few months have passed since you listened last :-D
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Chimpanzee 

• Sharer and Video Maker
  • View blog
  • PSN:Chimpanzee

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

I'm subscribed to about 20 podcasts in iTunes. Most if them I save up, load to my phone and listen to them while I'm at/on my way to work. There are only two podcasts that I listen t at home because I just can't wait for the next bus ride. One is Media Molecule and the other is Pocket Moon. I love this thing!

I love the format. It's brilliant having a different guest every week. Stops the show fgetting "samey". Was interesting hearing from Ria. When I was recording all the Sackies nominee videos i had long, LONG sessions where i locked myself in my office and captured video for hours. My fiancee rarely disturbed me except when I was playing The Printz Diaries because I kept bursting out in fits of laughter - she had to come and see what was going on :)

Not too surprised that my sad attempt at an April fools joke didn't make the cut. ;) But thanks for mentioning CC16, guys. We really appreciate the support.

#13 User is offline   amazingflyingpoo 

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

First of all, that is not a sad attempt at an April Fools joke at all! In fact, that may be my very favorite one!!! Tom and I had a strange week leading up to episode 15 because I was on vacation for the week leading into the episode (and I was gone during April Fools so I missed a lot of jokes), and then we had our first episode that was plagued with technical difficulties. I was the one that listed off the jokes we would talk about, but in retrospect that was pretty dumb seeing as I was the one who missed most of the jokes since I was on vacation.

So, all of this led to us missing items on the agenda because I was much more out of the loop than usual, plus we had to repeat every news item a second time and act like we weren't repeating it, so we may have not been at the top of our game. I am sorry we missed your awesome joke, and I am serious when I say that it may be my favorite one. Those screens are awesome(!!!)!

Ok, now that that is out of the way, thanks for the kind words. It is really great to hear that you are enjoying the podcast. It's good to hear that you enjoyed hearing from Ria. We both had a great time having her on, but we knew we would seeing as we had already had fun hanging out with her at the Game Jam (in fact, I was stationed right next to her so I got to listen to her giggle as she cooked sackboys throughout the night).

Thanks for the feedback!
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users