Is everybody ready for the second LittleBigPlanetarium rare Prize Crown contest? This time around, we are focusing on movies! The goal is to make a movie, no more than 5 minutes, using the listed object, phrase, and sound effect.
This Planetarium Creation Contest consists of three parts. They are:
- Creating an entertaining movie (that is under 5 minutes in length)
- Using the Elastic Band Ball object, the phrase "I wouldn't do that if I were you.", and the Human Vox: Singing Lady sound effect in your movie
- Documenting your creation process
These three parts will come together as the final project that our judges will look over when deciding on the winner. We will now break each of these down so that you can better understand what we're looking for.
Creating an entertaining movie (that is under 5 minutes)
We are leaving the plot, scene, characters, etc. up to you. The only thing that we ask is that the movie entertains us and lasts NO LONGER than 5 minutes. Videos that last longer than the 5 minutes guideline will be disqualified!
Use the Elastic Band Ball object, the phrase "I wouldn't do that if I were you.", and the Human Vox: Singing Lady sound effect
You must use all three of these in your level. It would be best if the plot involves the Elastic Band Ball somehow. The phrase and sound effect must also be included at least once. A clever use of these three requirements is a definite plus.
- Use each of required elements in creative ways
- Decorate and sticker the Elastic Band Ball to slightly alter its appearance
- Use the Elastic Band Ball multiple times throughout the level
- Use the phrase and sound effect more than once
You may not...
- Completely cover the object so as to skip this requirement
- Just throw it in, unrelated to the rest of the level
We encourage you to be creative and use the required elements in original ways. If you can work it into the level several times over or in more than one way, we will be impressed!
If you do not already have the Elastic Band Ball, you may acquire it in the level Bang For Buck by saving 10 sackbots.
Documenting your creation process
One of the visions we had when we created LittleBigPlanetarium was to focus more on the creation and development side of things. Therefore, the last part of this contest is meant to address that goal - we want to know more about your development process. Not everyone creates levels in the same manner, and we'd like to know more about your personal development process.
You are given some creative freedom as to how you want to document your process, but you must participate for your entry to be accepted. We have an in-site blog feature that you are more than welcome to use, or you may use anything else that tickles your fancy. You could, for example:
- Blog daily about what you worked on that day
- Blog after a major milestone in your creation process
- Blog about how you handle problems that arise during development
- Keep your friends updated on the progress you are making
- Or anything else that follows in the same vein
Most major developers keep a development blog of some sort, and as level designers you can do the same. We want to hear about your struggles and successes. This is an important part of this contest, and it's what really makes it unique to the others out there; we're pretty excited to see what you all come up with.
Submitting your level
To submit your level, you must follow these guidelines:
- You must have an active Planetarium account.
- You may name your level whatever you want, but we ask that you put PLCC2 at the front of your level name. This is meant to stand for Planetarium Creation Contest 2.
- Your level must be published prior to the deadline.
- You must post your name, your level name with LBP.me link, and a link to your blog in this thread prior to the deadline.
If you are linking to an external site or would like to keep your blog private, you may send a link to email@example.com.
We will update this post to keep a record of contest entries. If you don't see your entry here, we probably didn't see it, or your message never got through. If this is the case, please post a friendly reminder in this thread or send us a private message. It is your responsibility to contact us before the deadline and verify your entry is added to the list.
December 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM GMT
Your level must be published prior to the above stated time. Follow the link if you want to convert this into your local time. Late entries will not be accepted, except for some unforeseen circumstances. Minor editing is allowed beyond the deadline, but whatever the judges see when they play will be what they make a decision upon.
Thanks, and good luck!
Entrants Missing LBP.me Link
Entrants Missing Blog Link